Friday, March 4, 2011

I can feel Spring coming

It's another dark and gloomy afternoon here in southeastern Wisconsin but this particular gloom has me pretty excited.  It's a warm misty gloom, meaning that it feels like spring.  The damp inspired me enough to stop procrastinating on my seed catalog orders and get them placed.  I will soon be receiving almost every type of vegetable seed I could think of, berry bushes and a couple of fruit trees, which was kind of stupid considering that most of my yard is full shade and the rest is part shade with a smidgen of full sun areas located on steep slopes.  Still, I've got a couple of months to figure it all out before I have to start planting.  I got my Gardener Supply catalog with lots of container and raised bed garden products and ideas but my lack of cash flow is keeping me from those fantasies. 

If the misty gloom doesn't disintegrate into a full rain this weekend, I plan on bribing the hubby into chopping down some dead trees that have been making threats about smashing our house to bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment